Call for Applications: Microsoft AI Residency Program 2018 - Learn new Artificial Intelligence skills and improve people’s lives with intelligent technology
Through our 2018 Microsoft AI Residency program you will have the opportunity to work alongside prominent researchers and engineers in either Redmond, WA, or Cambridge, UK. You will gain skills and hands-on experience working on practical AI and machine learning problems that help tackle some of society’s toughest challenges. The ideal candidate will have a passion for leveraging their expertise from computer science work and/or other technical fields to solve real-world challenges by applying AI and machine learning.
In this year-long program, selected residents will:
- Gain real-world, hands-on industry experience while working with Microsoft researchers, engineers, and product teams.
- Learn about deploying machine learning solutions at scale across a range of areas such as healthcare, entertainment, and productivity.
- Benefit from a rich program of training and mentorship.
- Be part of a vibrant AI and machine learning community in Cambridge, UK, and Redmond, WA.
- Receive competitive compensation and be encouraged to apply for a regular position at Microsoft at the end the residency program.
- BSc, MSc, and PhD graduates with substantial coursework in, but not limited to: computer science, electrical engineering, data science, mathematics, physics, economics, human-computer interaction, and computational biology.
- Experience developing in at least one high-level language such as Python or C/C++/C#.
- Experience with machine learning techniques or deep learning frameworks is desirable.
- Enthusiasm to move into the field is essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong communication skills.
Illustration Photo: Microsoft Redmond, Washington, USA (credits: Francisco Antunes / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0))