This call for applications aims to identify and support project leaders (start-ups, micro-businesses, SMEs) that develop innovations on the theme of the smart, sustainable city.
Organised by Euroméditerranée Urban Development Agency.
What are the themes?
Improving the urban experience using digital tools:
- Digital urban services, mobile applications and other media
- Contactless technology and connected objects
Offering a pleasant and hospitable urban environment:
- Equipment for buildings or personal use that contributes to housing comfort or workplace well-being
- Services or equipment that contribute to the quality of public spaces, living together and the security of people and property
- Social innovation and solidarity mechanisms in the city
Making the city greener and more energy-efficient:
Design solutions that reduce the city’s
environmental impact (energy, water, waste, space)
- Systems or equipment that facilitate urban management and cost control
What are the selection criteria?
- Identification of the need and the issue to be resolved: applicant’s ability to explain the proposed solution in terms of the identified need
- Impact on the testing ground: the innovation must be able to be implemented within the EcoCité Euroméditerranée
- Robustness of the project / business model: appropriateness of the solution, technical feasibility, commercial maturity, implementation timeframes
- Level of maturity of the innovative solution: > or = TRL 6 (prototype or system model demonstrated in a relevant environment)
- Quality and credibility of the team: ability to lead a project
Illustration Photo: Barcelona (credits: Jorge Franganillo / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0))