According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Infection Prevention and Control Market" By Infections (Microbial and Others) By Antimicrobial Drugs (Antibacterial & Others) By Accessories and Equipment (Disinfectants and Others) By End User (Equipment & Drug Usage) & By Geography-Forecast (2018 – 2023)”, the market is driven by advancements in personal protective equipment, disinfectors, and hand disinfectants.
North America dominates the Infection Prevention and Control Market
North America dominates the Infection Prevention and Control Market during the forecast period. It is expected to generate revenue of $74.3 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 4.5%. 30.85% of the globally registered hospitals are present in the Americas, according to WHO. The ageing population in the US, Canada, and Mexico, enhances the demand for healthcare services and facilities. The reduction in the immune system and the susceptibility of individuals to microbes will increase the rate of infection in North America. This factor enhances the growth of the Infection prevention and control in the region. Europe is the second largest region in the market, followed by RoW and Asia Pacific.
Selected Analysis done in the full Report:
The hospital and clinics segment is the largest end user segment in the Infection Prevention and Control Market. In 2014, this segment had revenue of $31.2 billion. It is expected to generate $51.6 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.2%. Infection, prevention, and control products are used by hospitals, clinics, and researchers. In the US, there are 144 speciality hospitals and the number is growing. The implementation of healthcare reforms such as the Affordable Care Act in the U.S has enabled the implementation of infection prevention control.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Growing incidences of hospital acquired infections will drive the demand for infection control.
- The latest technology towards the improvement of the healthcare system enhances the growth of infection prevention and control.
- Increasing number of surgical procedures has been driving the demand for disposable hospital supplies such as procedure kits and trays, single- use syringes, drapes, gowns, etc. This factor spurs the growth of infection control procedures.
Key players of the Infection Prevention and Control Market
Johnson & Johnson, Inc., Roche, 3M, AstraZenecea and Kimberly Clark are the top companies in the Infection Prevention and Control Market. Johnson & Johnson has its headquarters in New Jersey and manufactures products in the areas of anti-infective, antipsychotic, immunology, infectious diseases, etc. Roche operates in two divisions namely pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. The diagnostics segment consists of blood glucose meters, point of care testing devices, and high throughput analysers. The pharmaceuticals segment includes Roche Pharma, Genentech, and Chugai. 3M deals with display and graphics, healthcare, and transportation. It operates in more than 70 countries. AstraZeneca PLC is a biopharmaceutical company which discovers and manufactures prescription medicines. Kimberly Clark manufactures personal care, consumer tissue, and healthcare products. Infection Prevention and Control Market is segmented as below
Advancement in personal protective equipment, disinfectors, and hand disinfectants drives the growth of infection control procedures.
A. Infection Prevention and Control Market By Infections 1. Microbial Infections 1.1. Bacterial Infection 1.1.2. Mycobacterium tuberculosis 1.1.3. Clostridium Difficile 1.1.4. E. Coli 1.1.5. Helicobacter pylori 1.1.6. Salmonella 1.1.7. Others 2. Viral Infection 2.1. Ebola Virus 2.2. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) 2.3. Herpes Simplex Virus 2.4. Yellow Fever 2.5. Dengue Viruses 2.6. Others 3. Fungal Infection 3.1. Cryptococcus gattii 3.2. Aspergillis 3.3. PCP: Pneumocystis Pneumonia 3.4. Fungal Keratitis 3.5. Dermatophytes 3.6. Others 4. Healthcare Associated Infection 4.1. Hospital Acquired Infection 4.1.1. Central Line-associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) 4.1.2. Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection 4.1.3. Surgical Site Infection 4.1.4. Ventilator-associated Pneumonia (VAP) Infection 4.2 Community acquired Infection 4.2.1. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection 4.2.2. Community-acquired pneumonia
B. Infection Prevention and Control Market By Anti-Microbial Drugs
- Anti- Bacterial Drugs
- Anti- Viral Drugs
- Anti-fungal Drugs
C. Infection Prevention and Control Market By Accessories and Equipment 1. Personal Protective Equipment 1.1. Gloves 1.2. Surgical Masks & Respirators 1.3. Surgical Drapes & Gown 1.4. Surgical Foot Covers 1.5. Medical Safety Glasses 1.6. Others 2. Disinfectants 2.1. Hand Sanitizers 2.2. Disinfectant Wipes 2.3. Surface Disinfectants 2.4. Instrument Disinfectants 2.5. Surgical Disinfectants 2.6. Environmental Disinfectants 2.7. Others 3. Sterilization 3.1. Medical Device Sterilization Equipment 3.1.1. Wet/ Steam Sterilization (Autoclave) 22.214.171.124. Vertical Autoclave 126.96.36.199. Horizontal Autoclave 188.8.131.52. Portable Autoclave 3.1.2. Dry Heat Sterilization 3.1.3. Low Temperature Sterilization 184.108.40.206. In-House Steam Sterilization 220.127.116.11. Ethylene Oxide (EO) Sterilization 18.104.22.168. Gamma and eBeam Sterilization
D. Infection Prevention and Control Market By End User Industry 1. End Users: By Equipment Usage 1.1. Hospitals & Clinics 1.2. Medical laboratories 1.3. Manufacturing Units 1.3.1. Pharmaceuticals 1.3.2. Medical Devices 1.3.3. Food & Beverages Industry 2. End Users: By Drug Usage 2.1. Individuals & Patients 2.2. Nursing & Senior care Centers
E. Infection Prevention and Control Market By Geography (20+ countries)
F. Infection Prevention and Control Market Entropy
G. Companies Citied / Interviewed
- ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- ALERE INC 3.ANSELL LIMITED
- ASTRAZENECA PLC
- BARD (CR) INCORPORATED
- CANTEL MEDICAL CORP.
- GETINGE GROUP
- HOLLISTER INCORPORATED
- JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- MERCK & CO
- PFIZER INC.
- Company 16+
What can you expect from the report? The Infection Prevention and Control Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
- Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
- Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
- Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
- Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
- Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
- Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
- Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions: Q. Does IndustryARC publish country or application based reports in Infection Prevention and Control segment? Response: Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- North America Infection Prevention and Control Market(2018-2023)
- Europe Infection Prevention and Control Market(2018-2023)
- Asia Pacific Infection Prevention and Control Market(2018-2023)
- Row Infection Prevention and Control Market(2018-2023)
- Hospital and Clinics Infection Prevention and Control Market(2018-2023)
- Medical Laboratories Infection Prevention and Control Market(2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization? Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.