BayWa is looking for innovative solutions that use new technologies, ideas and products to support sustainable agriculture. As the global population continues to grow every year, so too does the demand for agricultural products. To continue feeding the world without damaging the environment is one of the greatest challenges faced by society, and can only be achieved by increasing the efficiency and sustainability of agricultural production. BayWa invites submissions that look to tackle this challenge by combining satellite data with other data sources in an innovative and commercially viable way, and where possible, by using machine learning/artificial intelligence to process the data. Participants are encouraged to explore BayWa’s existing smart farming products and to present complimentary or novel solutions.
Furthermore, BayWa is looking for new ideas that support the following application fields:
- Sustainable Irrigation Management
- Early Crop Disease Identification
- Pasture Management
Do you have a Smart Farming idea that doesn’t fit the above? BayWa encourages you to enter it as well!
- EUR 5,000 Cash Prize
- Mentoring package from BayWa, FarmFacts and Vista, including support with scientific and commercial expertise, developing a go-to-market strategy, and identifying sales channels
- Access to BayWa sales platforms and customers through NEXT Farming
- Access to BayWa agri-business and agri-organsation networks
- Access to field trails in multiple countries (if eligible)
Submissions to the BayWa Smart Farming Challenge will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Innovation: Does the solution demonstrate a new/novel approach to Smart Farming?
- Earth observation: Does the solution use Earth observation data to bring added-value to end-users?
- Technical Feasibility: Can the technical element of the solution be used in a commercial context?
- Commercial Viability: Does the solution have real market potential?
Illustration Photo: NEXT Farming APP (credit: Baywa)