Our Client is an international holding. They developed several industrial projects in West Africa in the field of Renewable Energy, Agro-Industry and Industrial Parks. They have mandate Smart International Consulting to recruit a Farm Manager for their jojoba and castor oil plantations.
- Responsible for managing jojoba and castor oil production
- Responsible for planning strategies for maximum yield, organising farm administration, working machinery, organising associated businesses and managing staff.
- Display technical and practical competence, as well as the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Understands the various irrigation systems and manage for optimum efficiency
- Demonstrate new agricultural discoveries to staff and farm communities
- Manage relationships with government officials, regulatory bodies, community leaders and Farmers
- Planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters
- Practical activities, e.g. driving tractors, operating machinery, spraying fields, etc.
- Planning, organising and managing the activities of a farm
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of crop yield
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans
- Making sure that products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets
- Ensuring that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Maintaining knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Keeping financial records up to date
- Prepare annual farm plan, goals and objectives
- Setting budget and production targets
- Keeping records of crops
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff for crop infection and disease
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree/HND from a top tier School, or relevant experience 3 years of work experience, with at least 2 years of experience developing and executing agricultural projects
- Agricultural Extension Services
- Irrigation farming
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Financial Management
- Strategic thinking and strong execution skills
- Exceptional Project Management skills
- Project Planning, Reporting & Control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to build and lead effective teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset
Deadline: 31 March 2019
Work location: West Africa with some travels to our other project sites in the Southeast Asia.
Salary and Incentives based on your performance.
Please email your application which emphasized your past experiences related to the above topics to firstname.lastname@example.org Skype: adalidda WhatsApp:+85577778919
Illustration Photo: Jojoba blooming (credits: J Brew / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0))