- First Prize of $15,000
- Two Runners-Up Prizes of $5,000
- Future Partner prize of $5,000
- The competition is open to all organizations with a focus on education located in one of the 55 African countries for which awards are available.
- Entries can be submitted on behalf on another organization – e.g. by non-African NGOs on behalf of their local partner/office – however prize monies and conference travel bursaries must be claimed by and used for the benefit of, the Africa-based organization itself.
- All entries must be accompanied by work contact details of a suitable referee who is able to confirm that the contents of the entry are a true and accurate representation of the entrant’s work
- Referees must be independent of their organisation either a government official, qualified professional, or senior employee of an internationally recognized institution
- Qualified professionals for the purpose of this competition include: teachers (employed by a different institution), doctors, lawyers, judges, accountants, bankers, engineers.
- Referees cannot include family members of the entrant.
Illustration Photo: Solar training in Nairobi organized by Vocational Training and Education for Clean Energy (VOCTEC), a global program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). (credits: USAID Power Africa photo by Ambika Adhikari / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0))