The state of Andhra Pradesh – The Sunrise State & Land of multiple opportunities is located along the eastern coast of Southern India. Andhra Pradesh is the 8th largest state of India by area and 10th largest in terms of population. It has the 2nd longest coastline (974 km) in India. Andhra Pradesh is the base for agricultural activities and food processing. The state is the 2nd largest producer of value-added food products and beverages.
Government of Andhra Pradesh has announced a slew of policies to encourage investment across the world . The state is ranked” No. 1 in Ease of Doing Business’ by the World Bank and the Government of India . State Government has single window clearance approvals to facilitates various clearances in 21 days . Furthermore, the government is committed towards creation of state-of-the-art infrastructure, investor friendly policies, and simplifying the rules and regulations, which all make Andhra Pradesh the preferred destination for “choice of investors in the country”.
The key advantages for investing in the food industry in Andhra Pradesh are:
Prosperous Progressive Potential – Andhra Pradesh (credit: Department of Industries and Commerce, Food Processing, Govt of Andhra Pradesh)
- 24 x 7 power supply
- 5 Agro climatic zones
- 7.70 million ha of net cultivable area
- Huge scientific and research talent pool
- 4 Major river systems and 17 Minor rivers
- Single Window clearance for Food Processing Units
- Large Land Bank to facilitate investors in manufacturing units
- Large Road and Rail network including Inland Water Transport System
- 70% literacy rate, 58 Agricultural and Horticultural and Research stations
- Strategic geographic location with 980 Kms of coastline, 5 Sea ports, 6 Airports including 2 International Airports operating
- Large and diverse raw material base suitable for Food Processing Industries
The opportunities for investment in the food industry in Andhra Pradesh are:
- Investment in the mega or integrated food parks
- New Food Processing unit
- Mega Food Parks scheme is considered to be an inclusive concept aimed at establishing “direct linkages from the farm to processing and on to the consumer markets”, through a vast network of collection centres and Primary Processing Centres.
- Integrated food parks aims to integrate the entire food value chain from farm to plate in a single location.
- Cold Chain units for Shrimp Processing units
- Investment in the seafood processing industry
- Many other scheme (refer e-brochure )
- Investment in the fresh fruits packaging for the export markets
- Investment in the value added food products
- Investment in the agro-based biotechnology research
- Investment in the Agtech startups