When it comes to getting around on land, we still live in an era dominated by cars and the internal combustion engine. But with city centers increasingly restricting cars and other polluting vehicles and, more generally, the increasing awareness of air quality issues, we need to find solutions for transporting ourselves in ways that pollute less.
Vehicles are being transformed thanks to technological leaps: hybrid powertrains, organic natural gas, hydrogen, and more. And the price of electric batteries is constantly decreasing even as their performance is getting better.
And the Internet of Things and other digital networks are making it possible to use vehicles in new ways: for carpooling, car-sharing, rentals between private individuals, etc. By analyzing the collected data from these vehicles, the cities of the near future will be able to better manage mobility flows to avoid congestion on roads and public transport.
ENGIE is looking for innovative solutions and business models related to sustainable mobility and the smart city for the B2C, B2B and B2T markets.
This call for projects covers four main subjects:
- new ways of moving around
- smart parking
- new fuels, hydrogen
- improving the energy efficiency of vehicles
Rewards and benefits if your project is selected:
- Space in ENGIE’s area at Viva Technology from May 24th-26th 2018. (60,000 international visitors attended in 2017)
- Visibility for your project among ENGIE experts, business units and managers
- Potential to collaborate on operational projects if your proposal appeals to a business unit
- Potential to be put in touch with the ENGIE New Ventures investment fund
Deadline for submission: February 15th, 2018
Illustration Photo: Yokohama in Japan (credits: Hideya HAMANO / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0))