The Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge is a worldwide renowned science & technology startup competition designed specifically to address the needs of deep tech entrepreneurs across several different industries and technologies. The Challenge was created in 2013 by deep tech entrepreneur Xavier Duportet and Arnaud De La Tour, at the time both PhD students, who realised that the resources needed to propel emerging technologies were different from those of traditional web and mobile innovations.
The Challenge gives scientists and deep tech entrepreneurs around the globe a platform for their research and projects, providing equity-free prize money as well as other funding opportunities, global visibility and connections with key players in the deep tech innovation network.
- You are based anywhere in the world. That’s right, anywhere.
- Your project is in its early-stage of development (seed or Series A)
- We also accept projects that are about to be spinned-out from academic labs as long as they have a strong proof of concept
- Your project is based on a scientific discovery, an advanced technology, a complex engineering process or an innovative application of an existing technology
- Your project could solve an industrial, societal or environmental unmet need or create a new market
- Your are a team of at least 2 working on the project.
- ADVANCED COMPUTING & AI
- CYBERSECURITY & COMMUNICATION
- DIGITAL HEALTH & MEDICAL DEVICES
- DRUG DISCOVERY
- FOOD & AGRICULTURE
- INDUSTRIAL BIOTECH
- INDUSTRY 4.0
- MEDICAL BIOTECH
- NEW SPACE
- SMART CITY
Connections – Visibility – Funding
ONE €100K GRAND PRIZE
For the best early-stage startup – Equity-free, no strings attached – Powered by BNP Paribas
THIRTEEN €10K PRIZES
For the best early-stage startup in each track – Equity free, no strings attached – Powered by our main partners
PITCH in front of a select audience of 400 industry experts and investors
AT THE HELLO TOMORROW GLOBAL SUMMITFor the 80 startups selected as finalists, you will pitch in the now famous Hello Tomorrow Challenge Stage
- BE ENDORSED AS ONE OF THE TOP DEEP TECH STARTUPS WORLDWIDE
EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE HELLO TOMORROW INVESTOR & BUSINESS DAY – March 11th 2020
For our selected Top Deep tech Startups – A full day of one-on-one meetings with 200+ leading international deep tech investors and 100+ corporates
EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE HELLO TOMORROW GLOBAL SUMMIT
– March 12th & 13th 2020For our selected Top Deep tech Startups
– 3,500 curated audience
– Opportunities to showcase your product, meetings with key stakeholders facilitated by Hello Tomorrow and more!
- MEETINGS & INTERVIEWS WITH INTERNATIONAL MEDIA
Illustration Photo: VTT and its plant biotechnology research scientists have the vision of developing a home appliance for the markets that makes it possible to grow, say, healthy Finnish berries in a new way. Growing plant cells in a bioreactor is not a new idea as such, but only the latest technologies have enabled the development of a plant cell incubator for home use that yields a harvest within a week. (credits: VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0))
Illustration Photo: This illustration shows how fluids can move through a tissue chip. Features such as blood flow can be mimicked to recreate what cells experience in the body. (credits: NCATS / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0))