This year, the African Entrepreneurship Award will fund $1 million USD to African entrepreneurs with scalable and sustainable businesses in 2 new categories: Sports and Innovation.
The first round is open to all entrepreneurs to apply, from every country in Africa. Rounds two and three question entrepreneurs on the scalability and sustainability of their idea. Applicants are asked to support their project with an uploaded video or document. At the end of the journey, Finalists are flown in to Morocco for a Boot Camp, before they pitch in front of the Presidential Jury for their chance at $ 1 million.
- Is it durable?
- Is it multi-functional?
- Is it environmentally sustainable?
- Is it low cost?
- You, the entrepreneur, must meet the following criteria to submit your business proposal:
- You are an African citizen, & over 18 years of age.
- Your idea or business is a for-profit.
- You have a strategy for positive social impact.
- Your idea or business includes a technological component.
- Your idea or business is for Africa.
- Your idea fits in one of this year’s categories.
Photo: The 2018 African Entrepreneurship Award (credit: African Entrepreneurship Award)