GRENOBLE, France – Dec. 14, 2017
Leti, a research institute of CEA Tech, will demonstrate the world's first low-power, low-cost 3D anti-crash, fusion-sensor solution for drones at CES 2018 in Las Vegas.
Leti's 360Fusion software, in combination with miniaturized sensors, collects, analyzes and transforms millions of incoming 3D distance data items into relevant, actionable information.
This technology provides consumers and innovative companies with a reliable and affordable integrated anti-crash system. It also ensures safe navigation and enables prompt action in civil-security applications and ensures both fast response and maximum performance for drones in defense uses.
Photo: Leti's 360Fusion Anti-Crash System Embedded in a Drone (credit: Leti)
Features of 360Fusion include:
- The first obstacle-avoidance algorithm in a dynamic environment based on cutting-edge, laser sensor technology
- Ultra-compact and miniaturized design that fits into a tiny, mass-market microcontroller
- 10x cheaper than comparable systems
- A highly integrated perception system that weighs less than 40 grams
- Seamless integration in existing drone technologies
In its continuing work on the prototype, Leti will equip a fleet of drones with this technology to show they detect and avoid nearby drones, fit miniaturized radar sensors on the fleet, enable detours to safe routs when obstacles are detected and enable autonomous flight.
See demonstrations by Leti, List and Liten (institutes of CEA Tech) at the CEA Tech Village, booth 50653 in Eureka Park.