The Asia New Zealand Foundation and the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade offer six-to-eight young Southeast Asian technology entrepreneurs and business leaders the chance to visit New Zealand.
The week-long programme will give participants an understanding of New Zealand’s tech sector and allow them to attend Techweek 19 in Auckland.
The Asia New Zealand Foundation will fund the costs of successful applicants, including a return economy airfare, domestic transport, accommodation and insurance, as well as most meals and miscellaneous expenses. Participants will need to cover their own spending money
Applicants must be:
- aged under 40
- able to demonstrate leadership in their field
- be competent English language speakers
- entrepreneurs or business leaders at CEO or senior management level involved in tech from one of the ten ASEAN nations.
- Outstanding start-up entrepreneurs or emerging entrepreneurs will also be considered. No knowledge or experience of New Zealand is required.
- be based in and have citizenship of one of the ten ASEAN member countries
- be interested in connecting with equivalents from other countries to explore international business opportunities
- be confident public speakers willing to engage in dialogue with entrepreneurs from other countries
- be willing to contribute to the relationship between New Zealand and ASEAN.
Applications will be assessed by the relevant New Zealand Embassy or High Commission. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed either in person or via Skype. In New Zealand a panel made up of Asia New Zealand Foundation and relevant experts will consult with overseas posts to make a final decision.
Deadline to apply: 14 March 2019
Illustration Photo: Thailand's startup (credits: David Fitzgerald / RISE via Sportsfile / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0))