- Damn wall inspection. Concrete infrastructure inspection both over and under water. Which are of difficult access.
- Tunnel/pressure duct inspection, Identifying the state of many kilometres of underwater tunnels.
- Water intake hatch inspection: Finding blockage, foreign bodies.
- Sand trap inspection: High-pressure/flow rate inspection at the bottom of the pressure duct.
- Turbine/generator inspection: Inspection in small spaces for e.g. cavitation detection
CHALLENGE2: ELECTRICAL POWER DISTRIBUTION INFRASTRUCTURE I&M
- Power line inspection and maintenance of electrical transmission grid including high voltage distribution net, medium voltage, domestic low voltage, and underground cables
- Substation/switching station inspection and maintenance.
- Power pole inspection, isolator inspection and maintenance.
- Aerial manipulator robotics for task with contact in not electric risk point.
- High precision aerial robotics in order to work in proximity of high voltage target area.
- Contact-based operations to land in a power electric cable. Inspection of the power line.
CHALLENGE 3: SOLAR POWER I&M
- Solar panel inspection, both fixed photovoltaic and tracking mirror panels.
- Inspection of the base of a tracking solar panel.
- Solar panel or mirror cleaning.
CHALLENGE 4: ON-SHORE WIND POWER I&M
- Resident inspection and condition monitoring on site of e.g. electrical components.
- Resident maintenance, e.g. replacing electrical components, interacting with hardware.
- Turbine blade inspection for cracks and continuity to ground testing.
CHALLENGE 5: MARINE ENERGY GENERATION
- Inspection in the marine environment including marine wind turbines, ocean thermal converter, wave energy converter, salinity gradient converter, tidal energy converter.
- Safety infrastructure, e.g., monitoring and sampling for detection of the plastic wastes.
- Maintenance tasks with remote human presence
CHALLENGE 6: OPEN
- This open call provides the opportunity for value adding robotic solutions that can show significant impact within Energy Generation and Distribution and that do not fit within Challenges 1-5.
Application Deadline: 19 December 2019 at 16:00 CET
Illustration Photo: Using drone to inspect the transmission line (credits: Lisa Meiman / Western Area Power / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0))