Call for proposals to enable independent and talented young scientists to create and lead an original project within a CNRS affiliated laboratory
CNRS launches a call for proposals that aims at enabling independent and talented young scientists to create and lead an original project within a CNRS affiliated laboratory.
The call is open to young researchers, CNRS tenured or without permanent position, having defended their PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree) after 12/31/2010(1), whatever their nationality.
Laureates of a similar funding are not eligible (e.g. ATIP program, ANR, ERC, Chaire d’excellence).
In 2019, the CNRS-Momentum program will support projects within the following emerging and transverse themes (see the full text of the Call) :
- 1. Modeling the living
- 2. Understanding complex networks
- 3. Decrypting brain algorithms
- 4. Applying data science to the Earth and the Universe
- 5. Boosting sciences for sport
- 6. Assessing the effects of low doses
- 7. Studying phenomena at physical interfaces
- 8. Meeting the challenges of machine learning
- 9. Designing systems inspired by nature
- 10. Showing the invisible
- 11. Rethinking the urban ecosystem
- 12. Revisiting the carbon cycle
- 13. Exploring collective intelligence
The CNRS-Momentum funding is allocated for a period of 3 years, from January 1st, 2019. It includes :
- 1. Three-year salary for non-tenured successful applicants ;
- 2. Two-year salary for a postdoctoral researcher/engineer or one-year salary for a technician ;
- 3. Travel, equipment and operating costs up to a maximum of € 60,000 a year.
How to apply :
The application form must be completed on-line here.
The model of scientific project must be downloaded and the project must be joined at the end of the application form (the document must not exceed 8 pages, must be saved in PDF format and named Momentum2018_Project_LASTNAME_Firstame).
Illustration Photo: Animal-Like Robot (credits: U.S. Army Garrison - Miami / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0))