- Cultural Heritage: Monitor and protect cultural landscapes, historic buildings, ancient monuments, city centres or archaeological sites.
- Environmental protection: Enable more sustainable environmental practises, such as urban planning, deforestation,
- Renewable energies: Support the management and further development of our natural resources for energy production.
- Public Health: Identify and monitor environmental factors that have an effect on public health
- Education: Provide Earth observation solutions to educate either the younger generations, or the general public about important issues facing society.
Illustration Photo: Based on measurements gathered by the Copernicus Sentinel-5P mission between April and September 2018, the image shows high levels of nitrogen dioxide in London, Paris, Brussels, western Germany, Milan and Moscow. Nitrogen dioxide pollutes the air mainly as a result of traffic and the combustion of fossil fuel in industrial processes. It has a significant impact on human health, contributing particularly to respiratory problems. Copyright contains modified Copernicus data (2018), processed by KNMI