Call for Applications: LafargeHolcim Awards - Sustainable Construction solutions with Architectural excellence
The LafargeHolcim Awards seek leading projects of professionals as well as bold ideas from the Next Generation that combine sustainable construction solutions with architectural excellence. The 6th cycle of the international competition is open for entries until February 25, 2020. The Awards foreground projects and concepts from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials science, construction technology, and related fields. Prize money totals USD 2 million.
- For exemplary sustainable construction projects at an advanced stage of design from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials science, construction technology, and related fields.
- No age restriction for project authors.
- Project must not have started construction/fabrication before January 1, 2019.
- For visionary design concepts and bold ideas including design studio and research work.
- Authors can be no older than 30 years of age (date of birth later than June 4, 1988).
- Students and young professionals are also welcome to enter the Awards main category with projects at an advanced stage of design and a high probability of realization.
Illustration Photo: NASA Marshall Space Flight Center's Green Building (credits: NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0))