Siemenpuu Foundation and EKOenergy Climate Fund call for project proposals to establish renewable electricity installations aiming at alleviation of energy poverty and social inequality in Mali, Myanmar and Nepal. Initially, Siemenpuu and EKOenergy are looking for 3-5 projects to be financed in 2018. We are looking for projects in the range of 20.000 to 50.000 euros, lasting maximum for two years.
- Renewable electricity projects: Solar and wind installations preferred. Systems using micro or pico hydro are acceptable if there is no negative impact on river ecosystems. Let us know how and how much your project contributes to extra renewable electricity generation.
- Applicant: registered local civil society organisation in Mali, Myanmar or Nepal, with capacity for renewable electricity installations.
Some general requirements for funding support (see more below the concept paper form):
- Communities are involved in the definition, design and implementation of activities
- Reliable bookkeeping and project auditing according to national laws and given guidelines
- Minimum of 10 % of self-financing (either cash, voluntary work and/or donated goods)
To present your tentative project plan, please fill in the concept paper form available below and send it by email to: info (at) siemenpuu.org
Dateline for submission of concept papers is 31 January 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to prepare full applications in March 2018. Funding decisions will be made by June 2018. Funded projects need to follow the financial administration and reporting guidelines, provided by the Siemenpuu Foundation.
Source: Siemenpuu Foundation
Illustration Photo: Solar panels in Nepal (credits: Engineering for Change / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0))